Thursday 20 June 2013

CIVIL NON CONVENTIONAL BRANCHES



I am giving here some ideas of non conventional courses of civil. There are possibly hundreds of combinations available, but I give here only those I came to know about. As these were the responses of those studying and I don’t vouch for it as it may also be biased.

AEROSPACE ENGINEERING-the placements is less, however this branch requires high rank. A research oriented branch.

STRUCTURAL DYNAMICS – this branch comes under earth quake department and not civil department.IIT roorkee have prestigious earth quake department. In 2013 there were 31 seats. “Do you know that many companies coming to recruit structures from IIT roorkee also allow structural dynamics guys to participate.” this was the quote from one of those studying there, however I can’t say for sure.
There many other branches in earth quake there but it has not much job opportunities.

APPLIED MECHANICS- civil engineers are eligible to join this branch. It has more placements than average civil branch. Also high rank is also not required.

Underground structures-this branch has not much takers and not much placements.

INFRASTUCTURE DESIGN-still a branch which has not much takers, it is on ride and placements are also increasing.

OCEAN ENGINEERING-this branch generally do not have much placements.IIT madras had recently prevented companies recruiting who don’t give minimum salary.

REMOTE SENSING AND GEOMATICS- a useful branch with not much placements happening but there might be chance for higher demand.

You can comment you doubts or suggestions in comment box below and I can soon get to you whenever it’s possible.




Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I'm very thankful for ur info bro...I got 1422 rank in gate this year. I got interview calls from iit bombay for transportation engineering and remote sensing. I gave first preference for remote sensing in my application and 2nd to TE. Do i have fair amount of chances for getting into remote sensing? I know it would be difficult for me to get TE, as its also 2nd preference i have given in my application. Hows the placements for remote sensing in iitb? I heard that it had good future in abroad? Is that true? Or i should go for conventional branches? I have huge interest in doing phd abroad in top class universites. Your answer will be very helpful for me.

    Thanking you
    with regards
    nitin reddy

    ReplyDelete

Anything on your mind?

Abroad calls-Our dream training

“ Ministry has nominated 26 officers for foreign training in USA ”, read the sanction order. Even while writing this blog, I could feel m...