Thursday 20 June 2013

AROUND INDIA IN 30 DAYS


          
Gate results were up and now were the time for all India darshan of puniya IITS and ask for moksh. As the entire institutes were located in far-flung places in India long planning was required.


My first journey started with IIT Kanpur. Due to the late announcement and the summer rush we didn’t get any confirmed tickets. Result, travel in general. I did a big mistake taking e ticket as it is not valid if not confirmed. I bought general ticket.
 The train was Gorakhpur express. This is the worse train I have ever seen in my life. When train came I lunched forward toward the general compartment, but alas the back one was reserved for the itbf jawans. That left only the front one near the engine. I ran with my luggage with my father. After finding the general train I was reminded of the history lesson where people were stacked together in train and killed by suffocation by the Britishers. Here only difference was that there was nano zigzag ways for air to enter the nasal orifices passing through those sweaty bodies.

I waitlisted for sleeper CLASS by shelling additional 500rs to the TT. Trying to Bribe TT to get confirm seat don’t work in overcrowded train. Sleeper class was general class part II. Only difference, some micrometre centre to centre distance between people compared to nanometre in general. All people not seating were standing and those who couldn’t were standing on luggage and those who couldn’t were plastered to the window standing on one leg. I was third type with second type guy on my luggage. My father had already left the station not withstanding my pathetic condition. My 4 year certificates, executive shoes(lee cooper),formals were crushed or rather pulped mercilessly. I didn’t care. No luggage will be stolen. A big relief. Even a fly had to squeeze itself to move around let alone movement of the bags. I was perspiring through others orifices.

I stood for five hours continuously plastered to one side. I never had to stand that much long even in Jacobite church. My legs or rather one leg was tired. So were all others. It is surprise when five hour before we all couldn’t even stand, now all of us were sitting that too in different yogic poses. And for 24 hours without one hour continuous sleep I did yoga kriyas. Sometime my legs were in some other‘s armpit, some ones buttocks were planted firmly on my head. None of us could move, we were all settled like fitted pieces of jigsaw.
Finally reached Kanpur, my agony ended. However, I didn’t get any branch, came back to Hyderabad as I had to fight uninterrupted battle with loose motion in toilet. I lost the battle and I had to cancel trip to IIT Bombay.
Then came my second trip to Delhi. This time my ticket was confirmed. I had to face other hurdles. The hijidas were a menace. “They came, they saw, they conquered”. Ignoring them had landed me a slap on the face once, after which I showed M.K.Gandhi to them obediently. GANDHI JI had a calming effect. Once unfortunately I had to see their naked genitals or what was left of them even before I could react and comply with 10 rupees. I had lost large amount to them and those bottled water. Bottled water and education is the largest industry thriving in India at present.

I reached New Delhi and had to deal with new alien technology-THE DELHI METRO.I had been advised that while getting down any station, you should not look around, or look up as it will attract thieves. Just keep looking straight and go in direction where most people are following or better follow the coolie to the exit.
I reached metro station following this theory. I entered down a cave of concrete and CISF jawans were directing the mad mob to the counters. I went to the checking counter, went inside even without ticket. I realised it and then went and took ticket or say some plastic coin. I took the coin kept deep in my bag and then went to the entry gate. They were all touching the screen and the gate opened. I thought it to be some finger printing. How cool! I went and touched the screen. Nothing happened. Tried with other finger, nothing. The guard standing there thundered.

Thundering guard asked me to put the card. I said I don’t have it. He asked me for the coin. The people behind me were restless. I took the coin after many people behind me passed digging deep in my bag. Some commented to get last a line. I glanced mile long serpentine line; I listened to no body and murmured “do you think I am standing in circle.” Delhi is fast. Nobody notices nobody. I was lonely in this crowded area. Any way after the procedure I came to the metro. I caught train to Huda city, barely entering the gates of train while closing. It didn’t crush me. Thanks those sensors.

I reached IIT and here too got no branch. I came back. Then I went to roorkee.
I reached New Delhi and from there I caught Janshatabdi to roorkee. Nothing much happened towards there. There too I waitlisted in IIT roorkee. While coming back I had interview at iitm pune. I had food with jawans in the RPF post with the railway police as I had no interest in eating in restaurant with two iddlis for 150 rs. I had my heart fill for 35.
I thanked and went to wait as my next train was one day later. I went to waiting room; however I was not allowed telling waiting allowed for 2 hour. I had to sleep in platform with all train passing. I even dreamed of driving train to pune.
There after I went to pune. At pune I had to find a lodge. I opted for a dormitory type for 300 rs.

I had to bathe with full gear on me like batman-mobile, money with me. Anyway pune ordeal was over in two days. Of my 31 competitors of civil and maths, half of them were from IITS. IIT Bombay, IIT madras, IIT gandinagar, IIT guwhati MSC,PHD,DUAL,L&T,COAL INDIA,INFRASTRCTURE,ENVIRONMENTAL and JOBLESS ME. The funny thing was two IIT of guwhati and Gandinagar were selected and two other from L&T, rest two PHDs. As IIT Bombay maths guys were pure maths and they were not needed. And among 31 competitors I was one without having any prior job on hand. Big achievement for one year. My parents are already in process of initiating non confidence vote against me.
Finally I completed my all India tour in one month. Enjoyed it and learnt many things. Came back and that’s when the 2013 flood in uttarahkand had started.60000 people were stranded in the same spot where I had passed. Really feel sorry for them, but my series of unfortunate events didn’t eventually end in catastrophe with me being stranded or killed. I was back with my old friend ”bowel disorder”, leading me to drink tons of ORS.

‘Travelling bug had bitten me and eternal sloth couch potato had given way to restless nomad.’

 That was me thinking sitting in front of TV, watching Big Bang theory.                                         Bazinga!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Really good presentation. I guess u must be reading lots of novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Prudhvi for taking time and reading the blog.

      Delete
  2. nice article....you have a good writing skill, i guess :) (y)

    ReplyDelete

Anything on your mind?

Abroad calls-Our dream training

“ Ministry has nominated 26 officers for foreign training in USA ”, read the sanction order. Even while writing this blog, I could feel m...