Thursday 20 June 2013

IIT DELHI INTERVIEW EXPERIENCES

Mathematics department in IIT Delhi with Main ...
Mathematics department in IIT Delhi with Main Building in background (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

                                              
IIT Delhi is the one of the IIT which has place advantage. Being in capital means you can virtually go anywhere and not being a campus oriented means you are very much linked to the outer world.
I went there and noticed that there were not any individual cycles except the cycle rickshaws. It had a comparatively small campus, with almost everything concentrated to one main gigantic building.
Any way here also i didn’t get any course. I was called for environmental and water resources interview. Unlike IIT Bombay and Kanpur here there is not much focus on interview. There is no rigorous drilling compared to Bombay and Kanpur. The primary thing is the GATE score and to avoid the nonsense that I had done.
Anyway my first interview was environmental and I was the fourth one and those who were finally selected had rank lower than me. I was not even in the waitlist. Here is the reason.

ENVIRONMENTAL
They first asked me why I had one year GAP. And my reply was I was studying for GATE. They asked whether you are preparing for any other exam. And unfortunately i replied IES. They smirked a little and asked questions just to call it an interview. They had already considered me out of the equation.
Any way questions were like what is air modelling, what is primary pollutant, which industry causes release of SO2, design principles of sedimentation tank? Answered all good and I was happy until the result day I found out that I was not even in wait list which had ranks 200 below me. Moral of story, even if you are studying IES, or have took coaching, your reply should be “i studied alone and I want to do this programme only and nothing else.fun fact is that IIT Delhi had actually initiated disciplinary proceeding against environmental branch guys for leaving institution and attending made easy.

WATER RESOURCES
However i had no inkling of mistake I had done that during next water resource interview. They were very kind and asked to introduce myself. Then they asked” since the water resource is the second option would you go if you get in environmental”, and since my interview was good I said “no”. OKAY, you can see how stupid I can be. If you want to see more interview stupidity you can look under LABELS interview link on your right side. Till now at time of writing I have attended 23 on campus and off campus (job and mtech) interviews. Anyway never do that. They asked me all sort of hydrograph questions. I HAVE EXPLAINED ALL THOSE DETAILED IN OTHER IITs POSTS UNDER LABEL.TO AVOID REPEATION I AVOID IT HERE. However, I was not interested in the interview as I was pleased with environmental feat. The funny thing was that the interviewer who had interviewed me was alumni of my college CET.I Have Avoided the Humorous Aspects in These Posts. If You Want To Read Them There is Separate Post On Those Experiences Under LABEL “AROUND INDIA IN 30 DAYS”.

You can comment you doubts or suggestions in comment box below and I can soon get to you whenever it’s possible.

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Mr. Shuju, it is nice to see that you have maintained this kind of blog, i am sure it will be very useful to m.tech aspirants. My GATE AIR is 380, Score is 755, My 1st choice in every IIT is Transportation, I have just studied the Basics-the things I studied for GATE. Please tell me what type of questions are asked in IITD written/Interview. I am very desperate for IITD because I have already messed up IITK and IITB.
    Thanks in anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Information…People who are looking for IES Coaching Coimbatore 2017 then read this information which is very useful to you…

    ReplyDelete
  3. sir can you guide me for transportation mtech interview in iit delhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. sir, will you please give your review for mtech placements of iit kgp for structural and transportation

    ReplyDelete

Anything on your mind?

Abroad calls-Our dream training

“ Ministry has nominated 26 officers for foreign training in USA ”, read the sanction order. Even while writing this blog, I could feel m...